Monday, November 2, 2015

local eats: okra

so i just checked out this darling little spot, new to me, called OKRA in the Crown location on 7th St. and Palo Verde. stopping by for happy hour, we were warmly greeting with a taste of southern hospitality and a charming neighborhood atmosphere that lures you in.

the menu draws on the owners roots in the south and plays it up with an italian twist. we were quite happy with our small bites; some amazing chicken wings, and tasty broccolini topped with a poached duck egg and almond pesto. washing it down with the work of mixologist, Jax, I sipped on a refreshing French 75. and might i add this cocktail list is one you will not want to miss...hard decisions to be made!

I am looking forward to going back to try some of the fried chicken or catfish, or the buttermilk meatballs and polenta. Of course I have my eye on some tempting dessert like the canned biscuit donut with salted caramel. oh my. i may have to walk home that night! definitely check it out and let us know what you think.

thank you okra for a great night! we will be back!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Our Location